Drop ceiling is popularly known as the suspended ceiling or the false ceiling. Among recent trends of ceiling designs, suspended ceilings can be considered as the most preferred designs by the interior designers. Not only it looks attractive and elegant but it also has a number of benefits. Actually drop ceiling is a kind of suspended ceiling that is being hung from the main ceiling and it is being made metal grids and usually hangs by the hangers or wires and there are many other hardware components to support the suspended ceilings.
From a suspended or a drop ceiling you can enjoy a number of benefits, such are as follows:
- Drop ceiling can give you the best attractive designs which give an innovative look for your home. You can get a large variety of drop ceiling designs in its colour, grids and texture. So, you can undoubtedly go for a drop ceiling for your home.
- The next advantage that you can enjoy is that these suspended or false ceiling is very much to install. If you have some hardware tools, proper planning and the appropriate designs and materials even you can install a drop ceiling easily with much fuss.
- Generally, all the electric wiring, cable connection, and other electrical and mechanical networking is being beautifully done and safely secured in the suspended ceiling so for that even at the time of repairing you won’t face any problem as it will not hamper the main ceiling and most importantly it’s absolutely safe, it helps to protect your home from short circuit or any other electrical problem. That’s why Indian interior designers prefer to have drop ceiling as India, users face a huge electricity problem and it’s a very often case to get short circuit cases due to lack of proper electric wiring.
- Another important benefit that a drop ceiling can give you is that it gives a sound proofing effect and it gives you a better sound resonance.
- It helps to protect your home from getting dampen and sag resistant and that is why the Drop ceiling can prove very advantageous for the countries like India which have a humid climate as in this type of climate walls get dampen and ceilings too.
- The best part of it as this type of ceiling protects your home from fire. It’s proven that the residents of these types of houses who are having drop ceilings they are safe from the threat of fire.
- Generally these types of ceilings are created from white panel which gives a brighter space underneath for which the need for extra lighting facilities get reduced quite a lot. Thus, it is very energy efficient.
Now, let’s see of how you are going to design your bedroom as well as kitchen:
For kitchen it will look the best for kitchen is that it will look more attractive if you choose tiles shaped suspended ceiling and the colour of the tile should synchronise with the accessories that you choose for your kitchen that will give an impression that your kitchen is very much spacious. Try to avoid metal grid drop ceiling for a kitchen that is basically suited for spacious room like you living room.
Next is for your bedroom try to keep one thing that whatever ceiling design you choose that should create a cosy and comfortable atmosphere for that for bedroom the wooden suspended ceiling will be the best option. One more thing that is it should not be grid but rather it should flat extended suspended ceiling. And one advantage for these type wooden drop ceiling is that it go with any colour and texture of your bedroom.
So, those who are still thinking that whether you are going to have a drop ceiling design or not then please don’t waste time just go for it as it gives you a large number of benefits and it’s also very much reasonable.